- This event has passed.
Understanding Anger – The Basics – 30/01/2020
January 30 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Understanding Anger – The Basics
Delivered by Lucy Holbrook
Anger is an emotion designed to alert us to something that needs our attention. However, it is often misunderstood and hard to talk about and deal with.
When safely expressed, anger can help us to de-stress and become calm and assertive. However, suppressed anger often gets expressed destructively which impacts our relationships and can lead to mental health issues.
The first part of this workshop explores all aspects of anger so you can begin to understand this emotion better:
- What it is & what is its purpose
- How anger can both support us and defend us
- What can trigger anger
- What happens in our brain & body when we feel angry
In the second part of the workshop we will spend time exploring your own experience of anger so you can begin to understand the different levels of anger and what other emotions it may be masking. I will also share some simple activities that can “protectively interrupt” your anger once it has been triggered and so help you express it in a safe way.
- This workshop is a one-off session
- This workshop is not about dealing with other people’s anger although it may help you understand someone else’s anger.
- If dealing with your anger is a significant issue in your life, then you may need more support than it is possible to give in this workshop.
Thursday 30th January 2020
10:00am – 1:00pm
Tea/Coffee from 9:30am
Applications for this course will only be accepted from 1st January 2020. Please DO NOT apply before this date.